Haman’s Last Term: Purim 5780
Get your tickets today! Click here to register.
Purim Puppet Palooza!
Looking for a fun, engaging Purim activity for your family? Geared towards ages 0-5, Purim Puppet Palooza is for you!
Are you a beginner, or do you want to improve your literacy? CBI is offering an amazing Adult-Ed Hebrew class just for you!
About the teacher: Robin Cossin is an experienced teacher who taught Hebrew at Sinai Temple in Springfield for many years.
About the class: Two classes are available! Section 1: Reviewing Aleph-Bet (also called Boot Camp in previous classes) deals with learning and remembering the alphabet, grammar and basic sentence structure. Section 2: Words, Sentences, Prayers (also called Prayer Book Hebrew) will allow students to take their learning of Hebrew further and begin to dissect the traditional prayer books and be able to follow along and read during services.
How do you sign up? The class registration is OPEN! Click HERE to register.
- Shabbat Services every Friday night: 5:30pm in CBI Sanctuary exceptions may occur in light of other Shabbat services, such as Kirtan Shabbat.
- Kirtan Shabbat: A mystical Shabbat service, hosted at Lander Grinspoon Academy next door. Dates listed on the Facebook event HERE.
- Saturday Shabbat Morning Service: 9:30am
- Weekly Wednesday Minyan: 5:30pm in Sanctuary
- Thursday Morning meditation: 8:00am in the CBI Library
Families With Young Children
- Shabbat Shabloom: A musical Shabbat program for families with children 0-5! Click Here For the Facebook Group!
- Click here for our Teen Life section of our website. Below is the teen life calendar!
Rabbi Classes and Chevruta
- Winter Series: Chevruta: Crossing the River: The Life-Affirming Customs Around Illness, Death and Mourning. Suggested donation: $75, can be made on CBI website using the donation button or https://www.cognitoforms.com/CongregationBnaiIsrael/ChevrutaSeriesWinter
- Talmud Study with Rabbi Jacob: Most Shabbat mornings in the CBI Library, 10:00-11:00am. Class is free and open to everyone!
Valley Jewish Seniors
- Click here for an overview of the program
- RSVP for the next intergenerational luncheon on March 11 from 12:30-2pm at the CBI Library. RSVP by phone at 413-584-1593 or by email: email@example.com
RSVP by: March 6.
This month’s topic:
Josh, An Excerpt from Parkinson’s Blueswith guest speaker John ClaytonMarch 11, 2020, 12:30 pm in the Library John Clayton will read a chapter from his newest book, Parkinson’s Blues which describes the ‘opening of his soul ‘ during the process of coping with the death of his eldest son, Josh. He will share his feelings of grief and doubt and how the loss of his son led him to reexamine his relationship with Judaism and his spiritual beliefs.