Are you a beginner, or do you want to improve your literacy? CBI is offering an amazing Adult-Ed Hebrew class just for you!
About the teacher: Robin Cossin is an experienced teacher who taught Hebrew at Sinai Temple in Springfield for many years.
About the class: Two classes are available! Section 1: Boot Camp deals with learning and remembering the alphabet, grammar and basic sentence structure. Section 2: Prayer Book Hebrew will allow students to begin to dissect the traditional prayer books and be able to follow along and read during services.
How do you sign up? There are two ways of registering. You can pick up a paper form in the office and physically sign up, OR register online HERE!
- Shabbat Services every Friday night: 6pm in CBI Sanctuary exceptions may occur in light of other Shabbat services, such as Kirtan Shabbat.
- Kirtan Shabbat: A mystical Shabbat service, hosted at Lander Grinspoon Academy next door. Dates Facebook event is HERE.
- Saturday Shabbat Morning Service: 9:30am
- Weekly Wednesday Minyan: 5:30pm in Sanctuary
- Thursday Morning meditation: 8:00am in the CBI Library
Families With Young Children
- Shabbat Shabloom: A musical Shabbat program for families with children 0-5! Click Here For the Facebook Group!
- Click here for our Teen Life section of our website. Below is the teen life calendar!
Rabbi Classes and Chevruta
- Winter Series: Chevruta: Crossing the River: The Life-Affirming Customs Around Illness, Death and Mourning. Suggested donation: $75, can be made on CBI website using the donation button or https://www.cognitoforms.com/CongregationBnaiIsrael/ChevrutaSeriesWinter
- Talmud Study with Rabbi Jacob: Most Shabbat mornings in the CBI Library, 10:00-11:00am. Class is free and open to everyone!
Valley Jewish Seniors
- Click here for an overview of the program
- RSVP for the next intergenerational luncheon on December 18, 2019 from 12:30-2pm at the CBI Library. RSVP by phone at 413-584-1593 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This month’s topic: A discussion with Katherine Baker from Northampton Neighbors.