Welcome to ALMA!
ALMA is a fresh approach to Jewish education for youth and families. We pride ourselves on being a different kind of religious school. Our innovative program brings Jewish tradition to life through engaging each student’s mind, body and soul. Our premise is that Judaism matters. We believe that Jewish life and tradition has the potential to add profound meaning and richness to our lives and be a force for positive change in our world. We believe that our students must genuinely enjoy themselves in order to learn and develop the love of Jewish life and tradition that we aspire to impart. We work hard to create a culture that is joyful, where our students feel respected.
We also believe that we cannot successfully meet our goals without engaging ALMA parents along with their children. Therefore, ALMA is a family program that offers lots of different opportunities for parent and family learning and celebration. We ask you to take advantage of these opportunities and hope that you will be an active part of the ALMA community.
Our classes combine grade levels. In our combined classes, we have a rotating 2 or 3 year curriculum so that our students are engaging new subject material each year. We also offer differentiated, small-group learning opportunities within classes that cater to different learning styles and skill levels.
Our classes are:
Nitzanim (buds) (K-1)
Amirim (small bundles of wheat) (2-3)
Ilanot (trees) (4-5)
Rimonim (pomegranates) (6-7)
Overview of the Weekly Schedule for 2016/17
- Nitzanim/ Saturdays 10:00 AM-12:00 PM (childcare offered from 9:30-10:00)
- Amirim/ Saturdays 9:30-12:00 AM and Thursdays 3:30-5:30 PM
- Ilanot/ Saturdays 9:30-12:00 AM and Thursdays 3:30-5:30 PM
- Rimonim (3 Trimesters)
- Fall Trimester (Sept-Nov) Saturdays 9:30-12:00 AM and Thursdays 3:30-5:30 PM
- Winter Trimester (Dec-Feb) Saturdays 9:30-12:00 AM and Family Programs on Dec. 11, Jan. 8 and Feb. 12 (exact times TBA). No Thursdays in the winter.
- Spring Trimester (March-May) Saturdays 9:30-12:00 AM and Thursdays 3:30-5:30 PM
- Parents and Family Members
- Shabbat Shmooze (coffee and treats), Saturdays 9:30 AM-10:00 AM
- Torah Study with Rabbi Jacob, Saturdays 10:00 AM-11:00 AM
- Shabbat Family Programs: Many Saturdays, 11:15AM-12:00 PM
- Kiddush Lunch: Every Saturday at ~12:15pm.