Shefa is a program for teens who want to work with their hands to build a more sustainable and just world. Build sustainable living skills while working on projects at our own Abundance Farm, learning about food and justice, and exploring the Torah of the Earth. We meet once a month on Sundays. Open to all teens 8th-12th grade.
2016-2017 Program Dates:
- September 25 – Gleaning for those in need* (Location: Meet at JCA in Amherst)
- October 23 – Garlic planting and farm festival (Abundance Farm)
- November 20 – Farm project: Building cold frames (Abundance Farm)
- December 18 – Program TBA
- January 15-16 – Social Justice Overnight Retreat* (Location TBA)
- February 12 – Tu B’shvat program
- March 19 – Bread and Torah: Workshop in bread baking and the scribal art of writing a Torah* (Jewish Community of Amherst)
- April 2 – Matzah Bake and Horseradish Dig (Abundance Farm)
- May 14 – Farm work party and Lag B’Omer festival (Abundance Farm)
- June 11 – Farm project (Abundance Farm)
*Combined event with teens of Jewish Community of Amherst
Cost: $150 for the year. Please make checks out to CBI with “Shefa” in the memo line. Checks can be mailed to CBI at 253 Prospect St, Northampton MA 01060 or brought to the main office.